HC300 Series ADA Sign
The HC300 has been an economical ADA system that has been widely specified in healthcare facilities for almost 20 years. The HC300 is an economical ADA solution with lettering and Braille available in any MP color; background can be any color (including custom colors) except #202 Sandstone. Copy is 5/8” Standard Medium Graphic Blast® raised 1/32”. Standard 3/8” raised borders and 1/2” radius corners; vinyl foam tape or holes and screws standard mounting. Standard thickness 1/8″. Specify changes from standard. Available in fiberglass also.
- Tactile characters raised 1/32″ from sign plate face.
- One-piece construction; added-on and/or engraved characters are unacceptable.
- Grade 2 Braille.
- 3/8″ wide, 1/32″ raised perimeter border with 1/8″ inside radius typical.
- All letters, numbers and/or symbols shall contrast with their background - either light characters on a dark background or dark characters on a light background. Characters and background shall have matte finish.
- Plaque material consists of melamine plastic laminate, approximately 1/8″ thick (1/4″ thick for Slot signs), with core painted a contrasting color and rated non-static, fire-retardant and self-extinguishing. Plastic laminate will be impervious to most acids, alkalies, alcohol, solvents, abrasives and boiling water.
- Lettering style shall be Standard Medium, upper case, or other sans serif or simple serif typeface.
Sizes of letters and numbers shall be as follows:
Room numbers shall be 5/8″ high.
Lettering for room usage and directional identification shall be 5/8″ high.
Lettering for restroom identification shall be 5/8″ high, corresponding symbols shall be 3″ high.
Letters and numbers shall be centered on sign.
Grade 2 Braille shall be placed directly below last line of letters or numbers, except for room number signs, where they shall be placed directly behind the last number.
Radius corners: 1/2″.
Restroom signs shall be 6″ x 8″.
Directional signs shall be 6″ x 6″.
Room identification signs shall be 6″ x 6″, 8″ x 6″, 8″ x 8″ or 10″ x 3″.
Room number signs shall be 6″ x 2″.
Room identification signs with 5″ x 1″ window opening for occupants name shall be 6″ x 6″. Insert shall be 5-9/16″ x 1-1/8″ [specify optional Lexan® cover over inserts, if required].
Room identification signs with 8″ x 1″ slot opening for occupants name shall be 8″ x 8″. Insert shall be 8″ x 1″.