149 Total Standard Colors including Metallics and Substrates
Download a PDF version of the Best Color Reference guide
Chart includes Light Reflectance Values (LRV) for every color to calculate contrast between text and background according to guidelines provided by the ADAAG
124 Standard Paint Colors
Best Signs Systems uses MatthewsTM Paints for all of its ADA Interior and Exterior Signage. Matthews is widely recognized as the leading paint provider to the signage industry for its’ quality, stability and low impact on the environment. Using Matthews paints and color systems, Best can accurately match any PMS or custom color.
- Low VOCs exceeding toughest environmental regulations
- Superior climate resistance including harsh industrial environments
- Extremely hard surface resists abrasions, pollutants and dirt
- Withstands chipping, color fade and graffiti on interior and exterior surfaces
- Uniform finish allows for outstanding color matching, sign after sign
- Excellent chemical and corrosion resistance
- Lead and heavy metal free
Pricing subject to change depending on product & colors chosen. To discuss how colors may affect your pricing, please call our Estimating Department or your Project Manager for details.
ADA 703.5.1 states: "Characters shall contrast with their background with either light characters on a dark background or dark characters on a light background." Signs are more legible for persons with low vision when characters contrast as much as possible with their background. Best Signs recommends contrast greater than 70%. Best Signs Color Contrast Chart shows color contrast for our standard paint colors when the copy color is black or white. For contrast of copy colors other than black or white please use our contrast calculator below.
Request a Color Chart
You may download a PDF version of the Best Standard Color Reference